Lerner Completing Foundation Work of 1775 Tysons Boulevard;
Will Begin Vertical Construction this Summer;
On Schedule to Deliver in Early 2014
Tysons Corner, Virginia, May 9, 2012 - Lerner Enterprises, Washington, D.C.’s largest private real estate developer, is proud to announce that the foundation work is near completion at 1775 Tysons Boulevard, the newest state-of-the-art office tower in The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II in Tysons Corner, Virginia. The 476,000-square foot, Class ‘A’ office tower will begin vertical construction this summer with occupancy projected for early 2014. The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company of Chantilly, Virginia is the general contractor for the project.
Designed by the internationally acclaimed architectural firm of Kohn Pederson Fox Associates of New York (KPF.com), 1775 Tysons Boulevard will be located a block from the new Tysons Corner Metro Station that is scheduled to open in late 2013. The building will be connected via a climate controlled skywalk bridge over Tysons Boulevard that provides connectivity to the entire Tysons II project including The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II; Tysons Galleria, Washington’s premier luxury shopping and dining destination; and The Ritz-Carlton Hotel • Tysons Corner.
“1775 Tysons Boulevard will be the first office building of its kind in Tysons Corner to open in conjunction with the new Silver Line Metro,” said Brian F. Tucker, Executive Managing Director of the Virginia office of Cushman & Wakefield, who is providing office leasing services for the building. “From a leasing perspective, we are very pleased with the level of response we’re seeing from various legal, financial and professional services firms who are attracted to both the quality and location of the new tower, and of the Tysons II development as a whole,” he added.
The building will be one of the most modern work places in Northern Virginia providing healthy indoor and outdoor environments to tenants in accordance with ‘GREEN’ building standards for resource and energy. The state-of-the-art 18-story office tower is registered with the certification goal of LEED® Platinum – the first building in Tysons Corner to do so.
‘GREEN’ BUILDING FEATURES AND OTHER PROJECT AMENITIES INCLUDE:
- Sustainable site design that minimizes the development footprint and maximizes open space.
- Outdoor lighting designed to minimize light pollution.
- Roofing systems designed to minimize the building’s contribution to heat island effect.
- Water efficiency that results in 40% lower usage than typical new office buildings.
- Landscaping that consists of water-efficient native and adapted plants and an irrigation system designed to use 100% captured water.
- High efficiency curtain wall system with low-e glass that keeps the building cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- Building design and energy management system that results in the usage of 30% less energy than a typical office building.
- A rooftop photovoltaic solar array supplies more than 5,750,000 kW-h of the building’s annual energy needs.
- Material and resource program that uses recycled, local and regional building materials, and will recycle construction waste.
- Electricity used in the building is offset by the purchase of Green-e certified power.
- Indoor environmental quality program provides for 30% more fresh air than is required by code.
- A striking lobby of artistic design highlighted by two stunning entry points, Portuguese limestone walls, an elegant stairway leading to an enclosed skywalk, concluded by a dramatic feature wall.
- A fine dining restaurant, first floor retail, a high quality café and a spa inspired fitness center for all building tenants.
- A one-acre central park located at the intersection of Tysons Boulevard and Galleria Drive.
- Direct access to the climate controlled enclosed skywalk system that connects 1775 Tysons Boulevard to the current amenity selection of the Tysons II development including Tysons Galleria – an 800,000 square foot luxury shopping center anchored by Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue and Macy’s; The Ritz-Carlton Hotel • Tysons Corner; and the remainder of the The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II including The Palm restaurant.
- The Tysons Corner Metro Silver Line Station is located one block from the new building. Combined with adjacent access to the impending Westpark Bridge connection to the 495 Express Lanes, 1775 Tysons Boulevard is one of the most accessible office buildings in the region.
About The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II
The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II (Tysons2.com) is recognized as the most prestigious address in the Washington D.C. Metro region. Tysons II is a master planned development containing high-end retail, office, hotel and residential projects. Located where Chain Bridge Road meets International Drive, The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II is at the footsteps of the new Tysons Corner Station, scheduled to open in late 2013. Within the 117 acre development is Tysons Galleria, an 800,000 square foot luxury shopping destination featuring Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, shops with the latest trends and numerous destination restaurants; 1600 Tysons Boulevard, a 295,000 square foot office tower; 1650 Tysons Boulevard, a 375,000 square foot office tower; 1750 Tysons Boulevard, a 385,000 square foot office tower; 1800 Tysons Boulevard, a 320,000 square foot office tower; and Lillian Court at Tysons II, a 286 unit award winning luxury condominium project all of which were originally developed by Lerner. The Ritz-Carlton Hotel • Tysons Corner, which is also within The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II, was previously named one of the top 50 hotels in the United States by Condé Naste Traveler Reader’s Choice Awards and offers elegant accommodations and superior personal service.
|Celebrating 60 years in business, Lerner Enterprises (Lerner.com) of Rockville, Maryland, founded by Theodore N. Lerner in 1952, is Washington, D.C.'s largest private real estate developer and is involved in all phases of commercial, residential, retail, hotel and mixed-use real estate. This includes planning, development, construction, leasing, asset and property management. Lerner has developed and currently manages more than 15 million square feet of office buildings, retail centers and residential communities. Lerner's office portfolio is comprised of many well-known developments including: 2000 Tower Oaks Boulevard (TowerOaks.com) with LEED® Platinum Certification, Rockville, MD; The Corporate Office Park at Dulles Town Center (DullesTownCenter.com), Dulles, VA; Washington Square (WashingtonSquareDC.com), Washington, D.C.; The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II (Tysons2.com), Tysons Corner, VA; Fallsgrove Village Office Center (FallsgroveOffice.com), Rockville, MD; White Flint North, North Bethesda, MD; 20 M Street, SE (20MStreetSE.com) with LEED® Gold Certification, Washington, D.C.; 1133 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C.; Flint Hill Office Park (FlintHillOfficePark.com), Fairfax, VA; 7799 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA, among many others.|
1775 TYSONS BOULEVARD | THE CORPORATE OFFICE CENTRE AT TYSONS II
1775 Tysons Boulevard will be the fifth premier office tower within The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II in Tysons Corner, Virginia. The 476,000 square-foot state-of-the-art 18-story office tower is designed for LEED® Platinum Certification and is located just outside Washington, D.C.
Ground Breaking: July, 2011
Developer: Lerner Enterprises, Rockville, Maryland
Architect: Kohn Pederson Fox Associates PC, New York
Contractor: Whiting-Turner Contracting Company, Chantilly, Virginia
Office Leasing: Brian F. Tucker, Cushman & Wakefield, Virginia Office, 703.847.2757
Retail Leasing: William J. Winterburn, Lerner, 301.692.2286
Proposed Completion: Early 2014
Construction Cam: http://oxblue.com/open/1775TysonsBoulevard
Building Renderings: http://www.tysons2.com/1775.html
About 1775 Tysons Boulevard: 1775 Tysons Boulevard, a state-of-the-art 18-story, 476,000 sq. ft. world class office tower in The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II, will be the fifth office building in this award-winning mixed-use development. Designed by the acclaimed architectural firm of Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates (KPF) of New York. Location: Highly visible Tysons Corner property with access to the Dulles Toll Road, the Capital Beltway and the regional road network. The Tysons Corner Metro Station will be conveniently located within The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II, providing convenient access to employees and guests. The development is also served by the regional bus system. Features: Designed for LEED® Platinum Certification; 360º views; 30,000 net rentable square foot floor plates; 9’ - 0” finished ceilings; 2-story, light-filled lobby with ceremonial staircase and artistic water feature; state-of-the-art building systems; exclusive ground floor banking and retail opportunities that front on Tysons Boulevard; a planned fine dining restaurant; Concierge; Café; Fitness Center; Conference Center; 24-hour on-site security and property management; dedicated pedestrian areas featuring extensive landscaping and seating, including a 1-acre park situated at Tysons Boulevard & Galleria Drive; adjoining multi- level covered parking garage; enclosed climate controlled skywalk across Tysons Boulevard to The Ritz-Carlton Hotel, The Palm restaurant, Tysons Galleria shops and restaurants. Located at the Capital Beltway and Route 123, Tysons II is a skillfully designed, multi-phased, mixed-use development featuring tree-lined roadways, pedestrian walkways, landscaped parks, and an upscale shopping mall. The development will ultimately include 6.8 million square feet of retail, office, hotel and residential components, served with luxury hotels with state-of-the-art meeting facilities, fine dining and day spa services.