Lerner Breaks Ground on Fallsgrove Hilton Garden Inn and Homewood Suites by Hilton in Rockville, Maryland
Rockville, Maryland, July 25, 2008 – Lerner Enterprises of North Bethesda, Maryland, Washington, D.C.’s largest private real estate developer, is pleased to announce that it has begun construction on a new two-tower hotel totaling 199 rooms comprised of the 112-room Hilton Garden Inn and 87-room Homewood Suites by Hilton within the Fallsgrove development in Rockville, Maryland. The hotel is scheduled to open in the fall of 2009 and is located on Shady Grove and Blackwell Roads west of I-270 across from the Shady Grove Medical Center Campus and Shady Grove Adventist Hospital.
“Hilton is one of the most prestigious names in the global lodging industry and we are excited to be building two of its most recognized brands as part of our continued development within Fallsgrove,” stated Mark D. Lerner, a principal of Lerner Enterprises. “We selected these Hilton brands as they are a natural fit for the surrounding business and medical community creating a one-of-a-kind experience for our guests,” he added.
The 135,000 square foot six-story dual-brand Hilton Garden Inn and Homewood Suites by Hilton will share a common area that will connect the two hotels. The hotels include distinct design elements that will be carried throughout the lobby and rooms for each brand.
The architect for the project is Gordon & Greenburg Architects of Cabin John, Maryland.
The General Contractor for the development is Herman Stewart of Lanham, Maryland. The interior was designed by George Conte Design of Greensburg, Pennsylvania.
Urgo Management of Bethesda, Maryland will manage the hotel for Lerner Enterprises.
The 112-room Fallsgrove Hilton Garden Inn amenities include:
- Flat-screen televisions
- Refrigerator, coffee maker and oversized work desks in each room
- PrintSpots™ Mobile Printing
- Luxurious Garden Sleep SystemŽ beds
The 87-room Fallsgrove Homewood Suites by Hilton amenities include:
- Studio, one and two-bedroom suites
- Separate living and sleeping areas with luxury appointments for each room
- Fully equipped kitchens with utensils and appliances
- Flat-screen televisions
- Refrigerator, coffee maker and oversized work desk
Some of the shared hotel amenities include:
- An indoor swimming pool
- Multiple meeting rooms
- 24-hour business center
- Outdoor patio and restaurant/bar
- High-speed Wi-Fi access
The Fallsgrove Hilton Garden Inn and Homewood Suites hotel are walking distance to Lerner’s two other completed award-winning developments: Fallsgrove Village Office Center, a 75,000 square foot Class ‘A’ office/medical building, and Fallsgrove Village Center, featuring over 30 shops and restaurants such as Safeway, Chipotle, Mamma Lucia, FedEx Kinko’s, Panera Bread, Starbucks and Cheeburger Cheeburger, among many others.
About Hilton Garden Inn and Homewood Suites by Hilton:
Hilton Garden Inn is the award-winning, mid-priced brand that continually strives to ensure today's busy travelers have everything they need to be most productive on the road - from complimentary wired and Wi-Fi Internet access in all guestrooms and PrintSpots™ mobile printing to the hotel's complimentary 24-hour business center to one of the most comfortable beds with the Garden Sleep SystemŽ. So whether on the road for personal or business reasons, Hilton Garden Inn offers the amenities and services for travelers to sleep deep, stay fit, eat well and work smart while on the road. For more information on Hilton Garden Inns please visit, HiltonGardenInn.com.
Launched in 1989, the Homewood Suites by Hilton brand today has more than 235 hotels open with approximately 140 in the development pipeline. Beyond its spacious suites and home-like amenities, Homewood Suites guests can find at each hotel an on-site Suite Shop convenience store, exercise facility and guest laundry at most locations. Additional guest services at Homewood Suites by Hilton hotels include a complimentary grocery shopping service* and a complete business center at most locations. For more information on Homewood Suites by Hilton please visit, HomewoodSuites.com.
About the Fallsgrove community:
The Fallsgrove master-planned development is a 257-acre master-planned community comprised of Fallsgrove Village Center which includes 150,000 square feet of retail space, residential dwellings that include single-family homes, town-homes, courtyard homes and low-to-mid-rise multifamily units and over 850,000 square feet of office space. Lerner Enterprises is the developer for the retail, office and hotel components within the project.
About Lerner Enterprises:
Lerner Enterprises of North Bethesda, MD, founded by Theodore N. Lerner in 1952, is Washington, D.C.'s largest private real estate developer and is involved in all phases of office, retail and residential real estate including planning, development, construction, leasing, asset management and property management. Lerner Enterprises has developed, and currently manages through Lerner Corporation, its leasing and management affiliate, more than 15 million square feet of office buildings, retail centers and residential communities. Lerner's current hotel portfolio include the Courtyard by Marriott at Dulles Town Center and the Residence Inn by Marriott - Dulles Airport @ Dulles 28 Centre in Dulles, Virginia, and the Greenbelt Marriott in Greenbelt, Maryland, recently awarded Hotel of the Year by Marriott International. Lerner’s newest office project, 2000 Tower Oaks Boulevard in Rockville, MD, a 200,000 square foot world class office tower designed for LEED™ Platinum certification will be Lerner’s new corporate headquarters beginning in October.
Lerner’s notable future and current projects include:
- 2000 Tower Oaks Boulevard. A 200,000 sq. foot office building designed with prestigious LEED™ Platinum Green Building Certification located in Rockville, Maryland will be the new headquarters of Lerner Enterprises and Lerner Corporation in October, 2008. This project is a joint development with The Tower Companies of Rockville, Maryland. For more information, please visit TowerOaks.com.
- The Falls at Flint Hill. A luxury residential community located in Oakton, Virginia will be home to 246 upscale apartments. The project will begin delivery of phase one this fall. For more information, please visit TheFallsatFlintHill.com.
- 1775 Tysons Boulevard. A 472,000 sq. foot Class ‘A’ office tower located in The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II in McLean, Virginia is designed for a prestigious LEED™ Gold Green Building Certification. The building will feature a skywalk to connect pedestrians to Tysons Galleria and the Ritz Carlton hotel. For more information, please visit Tysons2.com/1775.
- Fallsgrove Executive Plaza. A 120,000 sq. foot office/medical building with ground level retail is designed to achieve a prestigious LEED™ Gold Green Building Certification, will be located in Rockville, Maryland near I-270 across from Shady Grove Adventist Hospital and within the successful Fallsgrove community. For more information, please visit FallsgroveExecutivePlaza.com.
- 20 M Street, SE. A 190,000 sq. foot Class ‘A’ office tower is located adjacent to the Navy Yard Metro Station and 1 block from the new Nationals Park in the Capital Riverfront District in Southeast Washington, D.C. The project recently achieved the first LEED™ Gold Green Building Certification for a speculative office building in Washington, D.C. For more information, please visit 20MStreetSE.com.
- Dulles 28 Centre. A 300-acre master planned development located in Dulles, Virginia includes a 130,000 sq. foot Target within a new 150,000 sq. foot lifestyle shopping center including DSW, Eastern Mountain Sports, Petco and 30 stores and restaurants. Opening later this year, Dulles 28 Centre will also welcome Dulles 28 Auto Wash, a state-of-the-art full service car wash and detailing center. Dulles 28 Centre is a joint development with The Tower Companies of Rockville, Maryland. For more information, please visit Dulles28Centre.com.